Monday, May 4, 2009

Top Ten Favourite Things I bought 'used'

Can you beat this top ten list for total excitement and overall value?

I think you’d have to work awful darn hard.

You’d also have to be willing to wear other people’s clothing (after they’re done), own a car that stops at yard sales, have a nose that smells ‘true value’ and be born with the reduce - reuse - recycle gene.

(Not everybody has that gene, you know).

So, stop and compare.

[As far as memory serves, the first three are my most recent bargains].

Land of the Eagle: A Natural History of North America - $4 - flea market

Levis - $15 - Village of Values

Montreal Canadiens jersey - $5 - Village of Values


Model VW van - $2 - Ingersoll flea market

LP album (Bob Dylan Highway 61 Revisited) - The Village Idiot - $10

Three-quarter size Norman guitar - from my mother-in-law - $100

Beatles CD (Abbey Road) - Dr. Disc - $4

1984 Yamaha Virago 1000cc motorcycle - Lightning Sports - $2,995

Denim jacket - Village of Values - $7 (for motorcycle rides)

Brown leather jacket - Value of Villages - $10 (for more motorcycle rides)

***

Can you beat my list? Top ten favourites for under $3,152?

If you don’t include a motorcycle you should have a chance!

.

2 comments:

Joy Tilton said...

This is going to be fun! Since you listed your motorcycle, can I list my first car?
1.1964 Chevy Corvair~Free~I was 16 and Mom and Dad were still footing the bills!
2.Fiesta Ware dishes$20 GarageSale
3.Tent and everything to go with it...$25~Party Line~radio swap show
4.Dishwasher$20~not such a good purchase since it only lasted few weeks, then we had to buy a new one.Hubby hasn't forgotten this one!
5.Cole-Hann loafers$10~EBay~$95new!
6.Banana Boat skibob for our boat$10~EBay~sold for $100 new!
7.AirForce 1 skibob for our boat~$20~EBay~these see for $100 new!
8.Vintage phones for grandkids $10-20~EBay~priceless since they are COOL and their friends are jealous!
9.Golf Cart~$800~This was maybe the best bargain we ever found, like new!
10.Oh yes, my Dooney&Bourke purse on Ebay~No one else bid so I got a $200 purse for 20 bucks!
Sounds like I frequent EBay alot doesn't it? Truth be told, the blog is my new obsession!
joy c. at grannymountain

Together We Save said...

Wow you have some great finds.