Friday, May 1, 2009

Saving up big bucks for my next new book

It has taken me more than two months to finish reading The Upside of Down, by Thomas Homer-Dixon.

Am I slow reader?

Ummm, maybe. But... I'm also easily distracted.

I read a lot while riding my exercise bike and occasionally flip on the TV or pick up something lighter and take a mental break (Upside is heavy going, especially the Down part).

Once in awhile I pick up a motorcycle magazine or travelogue to make me feel like I’m actually traveling somewhere while pedaling a stationary bike. Hey, a guy must have his dreams. And I bet I’m not alone in this practice.

I finished just in time too.


["Finished reading. I can now sing for dessert!" GAH]

Homer-Dixon is now promoting his latest effort, Carbon Shift: How the Twin Crises of Oil Depletion and Climate Change Will Define the Future.

Sounds like another heavy one.

Just reading the title took 30 seconds.

See you in two months!

***

You now have the answer to yesterday’s pop quiz.

.

2 comments:

Joy Tilton said...

You are not only a good writer, but a talented carpenter. The birdhouses turned out great! Maybe shades of green...eco friendly. Or, red/white/blue to show you are patriotic...but that would be red/white/blue/red/white, that's not right. Maybe just call Sis and ask to borrow her leftover paint..reuse, recycle, reduce!
joy c. at grannymountain

G. Harrison said...

Hi Joycee,

With practice, the birdhouses are falling together better than ever.

I like your suggestions re colour. I have all the colours but green. I need to sit in the workshop with the three in front of me... and think.

Cheers,

GAH