Tuesday, August 16, 2016

My Morning Smile 22

Large Scale Operation?

Quite the show, starring a mystery hop

As one can easily see, my hop farm is a large scale operation demanding long hours of tending and care....

.... Not.

My entire crop comes from one root ball planted 3 - 4 years ago. New hops vines have sprouted up year after year and now dominate half of my backyard fence and nearby deck railing. I attached three spruce boughs to the railing earlier in the season, 5 - 6 feet in height, and thanks to good weather and vigorous growth the vines and hop cones now put on quite the show.

Prediction: Happy Hour today at 5 PM will feature a cold lager infused with a half-dozen cones plucked from a vine beside my Happy Hour Lawn Chair. Easy kap-easy.


Soon the majority of cones will be thumb-sized

It's a tough life but somebody's got to do it.

Hop to it. Please link to My Morning Smile 21

Photos by GH

No comments: