Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Workshop: Deadlines looming, busy days ahead

I’m supposed to be retired.

I should be bicycling along the river during lazy, hazy afternoons, stopping on occasion to sip pina coladas or relax in a friend’s back yard to admire his gardens.

I’d ask him how to keep rabbits away from my next batch of Brussel sprouts.

(See post below for details)

Instead, I think I’ve got five solid days of shed work ahead.

Of course, the work (Rietveld crate chairs, boxes for an ‘old fashioned’ grocery store display area) will pay for my trip to Temagami.


[Near Loon Lodge, Temagami]

I bet I can sip pina coladas in Temagami.

So, this retired guy has his eye on the prize this week.

***

Are you busy in retirement?

There are pros and cons, aren’t there?

Such as...?

.

No comments: