Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Ask You: Did you have this much fun at age four?

Grandson Ollie turned four in December and the photo below, from his birthday party, is stuck to my fridge with a magnet.


Ollie and bestest friend Angus discovered how to operate a small disco ball and are showing off their excitement.

I ask you...

is excitement the best word?

Enthusiasm? Wonder? Youthful energy? Zaniness?

I can’t open the fridge door without a chuckle when I see the photo.

Did you have this much fun when you were four years old?

***

Maybe I don’t laugh as hard as I used to, but my life can be pretty darn exciting too, ya know.

Don’t believe me? Morning Vignettes right here.

.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Nope, didn't have THAT much fun. The only friends I had at age 4were the really old people in our neighbourhood like the Kellys and the Newtons, oh and cousin Murray because mom babysat him. No preschool or JK in the oldentimes.

G. Harrison said...

I had Kim, maybe a bit young to play catch, and Rhonda Wettlaufer, who threw like a girl, as playmates at age four.

Now I'm too old to play catch but I sure like watching Ollie - especially when he laughs.