Friday, September 23, 2011

Austerity without Anxiety: Le jus du feves (and it’s free)

Excuse my Gr. 9 French. I’m very rusty. Plus, I didn’t always pay attention to M. Duvellieux, if that really was his name.

However, when I opened the fridge door this morning to look for something cold to sip (perhaps even to splash in my face while coffee brewed), I spied a drink so outside the box I felt it needed a unique name.


["Such a fine cold drink": photo GH]

Le jus du feves cannot be purchased in a store. It is found - free of charge - in one’s steamer after steaming vegetables for supper.

In my case, while I enjoyed steamed yellow and green beans for last evening’s meal, le jus was chillin’ in the fridge.

And a few moments ago, I - still in my jammies - watched shards of gray cloud fly across the sky above my back deck whilst sipping a cold, refreshing glass (did I mention it’s free?) of la jus du feves avec real vitamins.

***

I only know one other person who drinks steamer water.

Raise your hand if you do too. Or comment about a free drink you enjoy.

Please click here for more Austerity without Anxiety about Apricot Jam.

.

No comments: