Monday, September 5, 2011

It Strikes Me Funny: I got a kick out of this card

My oldest son recently sent best wishes to my wife and I regarding our 41st wedding anniversary.

FYI - 25 is silver, 50 is gold, 41 is white cedar (see post below : )

I laughed for two reasons when I read the card he sent to us.

First, a crisp 20 dollar bill slipped out and fell to the floor.

“I think that’s for me,” I said.

“Not likely,” my wife said. “I bought nappies and wine last time we were there (i.e., Fenelon Falls, last week).”

She was right. She got the twenty.


[‘Card by Comedy Club. $3.39 in Canada, $2.79 in USA. Hey, why is that?”]

Second, the caption hid my funny bone in the right place.


‘Torrid passion.’ That’s us all over.

Why, just last night we got into it while watching TV. We both wanted the nubs left at the bottom of the bag of microwave popcorn.

“You got them last time,” I said.

“No, I didn’t. You did. You always get them,” she said.

Right again. I’m passionate about my nubs!

***

Please click here for more It Strikes Me Funny.

.

No comments: