Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Live Small and Prosper PT 1: “I love my three-wheeled truck”


I haven’t bought a three-wheeled truck yet but already I love it and I’m not one to toss out “I love something” very often.

(When’s the last time you heard me say “I love this” or “I love that?” Get back to me. Sorry, I digress).

When I buy one I’d like it to be ‘Made in Canada’ and have no more than a 500cc engine. Monthly savings on fuel will help pay for the truck and I really love that idea.

I recently read that the average Canadian spends “$269 a month on costs related to working out of the home.” I’m retired but play hockey twice a week and take the occasional trip downtown. I bet my monthly expenses will be under $50. Oh, I love that already!

Of course, I realize most cars, even small ones like the new Fiat 500, will be bigger than my three-wheeled truck but I love that too. I’ll be a rebel every which way.

“What is it you’re driving?” someone will surely ask.

“It’s a three-wheeled truck. I’m a rebel,” I’ll say.

Oh, I can hardly wait until I can say that to somebody.

More to follow.

***

Please click here for more of the Live Small theme.

.

No comments: