Friday, September 2, 2011

Zoom w a View: One man, one camera, one leaf

I have two sisters in Ontario who will eventually retire to Prince Edward Island. Part of the lure of the island - I’m certain - is the water surrounding it.

I think I’ll retire to a place closer at hand - my son’s dock in Fenelon Falls. Whenever I visit I spend a lot of time beside and in a channel between two lovely lakes (one in view just past a neighbour’s own dock and boat house).

Photo 1 “The star of the show heads west”


Photo 2 “The star turns to the east”


Photo 3 “Another leaf? I’m not telling”


Photo 4 “I’ll retire full-time in 20 years”



[Photos by G. Harrison, Aug. 2011]

What is it about the water that brings us to its edge over and over again?

PS - Son, have my room ready by 2031.

***

Please click here for more Zoom w a View.

.

No comments: