Sunday, February 15, 2015

Thumbs UP 1

Downtown London - Affordable Apartments

["Marvin Rivas buys Honest Lawyer, creates 30 more units"]

I often dream about living in a cozy apartment downtown. I feel I would then be very close to many very interesting amenities and the routine of walking to Oxford and Richmond for groceries a few times per week would be a reasonable form of necessary exercise. I like the dream and Marvin Rivas, owner of Che Restobar and the (former) Honest Lawyer, likes it too.

Above Che he established five geared-to-income units and above Honest Lawyer there will soon be thirty more. I might not ever move out of Old South because I already live in a pretty cool part of town and have my own workshop in the backyard, but I really like how Marvin thinks.



Affordable housing downtown creates a winning situation. Someday, thanks to folks like Marvin, our downtown will be a lovely, lively, hearty place, coveted and inhabited by folks from a variety of walks of life and income levels.

Thumbs UP, Marvin.


Article and photos from Jan. 15 issue of London Free Press

Link to My Morning Smile

Photos GH

No comments: