Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Why does Ronalee Ambrose MP want opinions from an old white guy?

I’m starting to wonder why Ronalee wrote to me asking questions about the GST.

This is the same woman who called Ken Dryden an old white guy a couple of years back, making him 58 years old at the time.

Guess how old I am right now?

Yeah, I’m 58, and that puts me in the middle of the period in my life I like to call ‘later youth’.

So I’m thinking Ronalee is setting me up for some kind of a knocking down. (Just call me cautiously suspicious.)

However, since I do stand behind my countless opinions (sometimes I stand way back and behind somebody bigger) I plan to let her know I support a 7 per cent GST, am willing to go higher, want a 50 cent surcharge placed on the price of gas to pay for transportation infrastructure and a reduction in carbon emissions in this country because I can taste the oilsands project on the back of my throat.


[The sun sets on clean air]

And if my opinions spark a snap election then all the better.

Us guys in later youth can get pretty feisty at times, eh?

No comments: