Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Have A Dream: Yes, we can - on Jan. 20, 2009

When Martin Luther King Jr. shared his ‘I Have A Dream’ speech in Washington D.C. in 1963, I believe Barack Obama, though only two years old at the time, was included in his words.


[“I have a dream”: photo link]

“I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.”

“I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up... live out the true meaning of its creed. We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal.”

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”


["I have a dream": link to complete speech]

January 20, 2009 will be remembered for many important reasons.

One of the most important, in my opinion, follows:

It is a significant inaugural date (there are others) in that it reveals the content of a man’s character was judged, by the majority in the USA, through a lens that did not include a long held bias.


[Yes, we can enjoy hope and progress together: photo link]

.