Friday, January 9, 2009

Ollie and Me: As a multi-tasker he's way ahead

By the time I grabbed my camera yesterday Ollie knew I was up to something, so he stopped doing what he was doing.

When he resumed work and play I had a very short window of opportunity and forgot the flash. Stink.

He likes to hold the stereo remote to his ear like a cellphone and tell his mother what road conditions are like.


“Mom,” he said. “Snow.”

At the same time he pushed and pulled several trains and cars around his play table and, in a grown-up voice, provided the narrative to the ongoing adventures of Thomas the train and his many friends.

Ollie is a natural multi-tasker.

The kid is only two and already he’s way ahead of me. It took me forty years to do two or three things at the same time.

.

Are your children multi-taskers? Ahead of you?

No comments: