Saturday, April 2, 2011

It Strikes Me Funny: “Pssst. Wanna buy a watch?”

Sorry. I’m not selling watches. I’m selling gravy. Really.

A pecuniary thought came to mind after dusting off and posting a column from May, 2003. The column, along with 49 others, appears in a softcover book printed in 2004 or 2005.


Not only is it a brilliant book (How could it not be?), but I have 5 copies left in my closet, and it is the perfect gift for a Christmas stocking, or the perfect size for that wee step (you know, the one the grandkids use) sitting beside your toilet.


About the gravy. I sold the books originally for $14.99 each, paid off the printing costs, then sold others for $10 ea. and enjoyed life - for once, for awhile - on the gravy train.


["Fits perfectly on top of a Sudoku book": photos GH]

Here’s the deal. Want a copy? If local, meet me at The Red Roaster in Wortley Village for the handoff. $10. Includes a coffee and warm hand shake. Or I’ll drop it into a brown paper bag and deliver to your mailbox.

Live far away? Leave a comment. We’ll talk re postage and handling.

***

If you plan to just keep reading my column in The Londoner for free, I tip my hat. That’s what I’m going to do!

.

No comments: