Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Workshop: Apartment duplexes for rent - cheep

A friend who is installing a new ‘old’ floor delivered a bit of hemlock scrap to me recently. Not much is left.


["Not much is left. Just wee bits": photos GH]

I knew what I would build almost immediately. Tall, old-looking structures; apartment duplexes with a large door at the back.




The hemlock was brittle, chippy. Every fresh-cut edge required careful sanding. Every day I pulled several slivers from my thumbs.

But the end result seems unique to me. Once I apply all the hinges I’ll add a coat of linseed oil to enhance the natural colours and grain. (Please note: I applied very little paint. There’s a good reason for that.)




I will attach one to a tall pole (or two-inch diameter branch) for my own yard. I think small birds will love them.

BTW. When finished, you’ll be the first to know.

***

Please click here for another visit to The Workshop.



.

No comments: