Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fenelon Falls PT 1: "I think I deserve a day off"

My dad was an expert at creating meaningful slogans.

"Fight your own battles" still comes to mind after I first heard it fifty years ago.

Here's one I came up with a few years ago at my youngest son's wedding:

"You won't be remembered for the commitments you make but for the ones you keep."

On my way to Fenelon Falls yesterday to visit my son, his wife and twin grand-daughters, I came up with a very fitting slogan for the weekend:


"Every person must have a day off - hey, maybe two or three - now and again."


["Give me a chair, a Mad Tom IPA, turn on some music": photos GH]

***

Would you raise a glass to that one?

Please click here to view photos from an earlier trip to Fenelon Falls.

.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Don't forget this one: $75 bucks takes it home!!
Or another dad fave: There but for the grace of God go I.
Or this one: I wonder what the poor people are doing tonight. (usually at the supper table when mom made a particularly good supper!)

G. Harrison said...

good memory, Jane. I'll include "$75 takes it home" in a future post about decluttering. Gotta make some money somehow. : ) Cheers