Friday, September 6, 2013

The Workshop: "spiffy digs and the major clean out"

["I've been letting things go since April"]

The shop is my second home. I'm usually creating piles of dust inside it or just outside its one door.

It was - in a former life - an attached garage and was built in the 1920s. It's 9ft. wide by 19 ft. long, and until a few years ago was home to bare cement block walls and a dirt floor.

Now it's a productive hub of activity related to bird feeder, chair, shadow box, 'odds and ends' and (chiefly) birdhouse building. But since April I've not given it a thorough clean out apart from sweeping the floor.

And, after five months of dusty work, does it ever need a clean out.

The photo reveals my progress along part of the floor and one wall. The mess is still alive and well everywhere else within the shop.

However, I am confident spiffy digs will re-emerge in about two more days.

Then I'll proudly take another photo. No extra charge.

Photo by GH

***

Do you have a shop in need of a clean put?

Please click here to read The Workshop: "one stack of cabins, coming up" (2)

No comments: