Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Motorcycle Miles - Hops on Springfield Line

Ground Dwellers?


Cascade and Mt. Hood hops climb the sisal ropes on Mr. Hayhoe's hop farm, situated south of Mt. Salem on Springfield Line, within a hop, skip and a jump from my favourite landing spot - Port Bruce, Ontario.

"Why plant hops between the rows without ropes to climb?"

"Hop cones have a delicious aroma. Rub one between your palms"

I'm guessing that the hops on the ground, neatly planted between the rows of poles and cables, are for shipping to others who want to grow hops. My own hops, hugging my backyard fence, originated in a friend's yard, and he just dug up a mass of stems and roots and handed them to me in a plastic pot.

So, if you want to grow a few hop vines, call me for better directions.

1-519-HOP-FARM. Just kidding. I'm in the London Directory, and live on Cathcart St.

Link to more Motorcycle Miles

Photos GH

No comments: