Monday, August 17, 2015

Motorcycle Miles - Hops Ripen on the Vine

Springfield Road South


On Tuesday, June 9, I spotted a long field of hops on Springfield Line, about a kilometer south of Mt. Salem as well as north of the Nova Scotia Line (which links Port Bruce and Port Burwell). What I noticed at the time was this: The infrastructure for growing hops (i.e., telephone poles, sturdy cables, sisal twine) overshadowed the new network of vines. Yesterday I returned to the long field and the reverse was true. The vines have shown good growth.





After snapping a number of pictures I hopped back onto my motorcycle and was soon sipping a strong cup of coffee at The Corner View restaurant, situated on Port Bruce's main corner.

Link to Motorcycle Miles - A Hop Farm (June 9, 2015)

Photos GH

No comments: