Friday, July 25, 2008

Ollie and Me: The kid used to look just like me. Not anymore

A few weeks ago, shortly after I parked my bike on the front sidewalk, Ollie tucked up right beside me and I thought, the kid is going to me a chip off the old block.

Why, he’s so handsome and mature. So much like me.


Lately, however, I’ve seen a different side.


First, he’s taken to poking things up his nose. Not a good thing in my book.


I'm sure he doesn't get that from his Dad Paul (upper left), Uncle Dave, cousin Jack (David's son) or Papa.

And now and again he gets into snarly mood.


Maybe he’s cutting new teeth at about the same time I’m losing some of mine.

.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Ollie is one lucky little boy to have a Papa who adores him and spends quality time with him -- and to look like Papa is a bonus!

G. Harrison said...

hi barb,

Ollie might think otherwise about sharing Papa's looks today - I'm covered with cedar dust, head to foot, from building birdhouses and smell like raw linseed oil (a thin coat makes them shine).

I, however, certainly appreciate the thought.

cheers, gord H.

Myshell said...

Oh my...what a handsome group of men you got there! And to think one of them is a firefighter...

G. Harrison said...

hi myshell,

i can't take any credit for the genes that run in our family; except for the good ones I passed along to my sons. i wonder if there's a Hallmark thank-you card for that one??

cheers,

gord h.