Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Motorcycle Menus: Shutters at the Beach serves up more than Hickory Smoke

When Deforest City gets hot and muggy I warm up the bike and leave town.

That is, after I rip myself off the vinyl chair in my study.


I often ride south-east toward Lake Erie and settle in at Shutters at the Beach, a small diner at the very end of imperial Rd. in Port Bruce.

(Yes, where The Beach Hut used to stand).

Their Hickory Smoked Sausage, fries and coffee are worth the trip.

They should be. The owner, until recently, cooked meals for Prime Minister Stephen Harper. (No wonder he's such a pudgy little begger).

Other sights, sounds and smells are also worth the ride.


Because Sunday was a windy day the gulls often stood still in the air.


Another hot seat - before heading home.

Click here for other recent photos.

.

No comments: