Sunday, September 7, 2008

It Strikes Me Funny: There’s more skin on TV than ice bergs

One reason entertainment gets more coverage than the environment is because there’s more skin showing on TV than say... on the rapidly disappearing Arctic ice shelves.

An article entitled ‘Lots of skin on the tube’ declared today:

‘It’s the boob tube’s bustiest time of year.”

And it’s right.

Put skin in the Arctic and busts turn blue. Ratings plummet. Easy as that.


And how can the environment compete with ‘the fantastic 5’ TV shows?

Corner Gas - Everyone has gas. We can relate.

Heroes - Everyone wants super powers. Come on, admit it. Need milk and eggs. Zip. I’m back. Next?

The Office - The characters crack wise at work. Who doesn’t want to do that?

The Tudors - Money. Sex. Power. Sex. I’m there.

Desperate Housewives - Money. Sex. Power. Sex. I’m exhausted. But who wouldn’t want that life?

Well, maybe not me.

At my age I get tired just looking for the remote.

And I should spend more time on fundamentals than fun - at least half the time right?

Especially if the fundamentals are disappearing.

.

No comments: