Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Zoom w a View: I’d love PEI but close to home is grand too

My sister recently returned from a visit to PEI, a place she plans to retire to in a few years.

She sent me a photo (below) and said I’d love it there.


[Photo: By Jim Senechal]

It got me thinking.

I would love PEI.

Walks along the beach, life in a farmhouse close to a bay, woodworking in a converted barn just down a short path from the kitchen door, breathing fresh air - every day.

Yup, I could move.

But I’ve now been retired for 6 years and London, frequent visits to Long Point and my backyard work shop please me to no end.


[Old boat houses: Fishing channel, Long Point. Photo - GAH]

Plus, I helped a buddy move some furniture last week and said, “I never want to move my stuff again.”

Unless someone else does it all for me and just throws me into the back of the truck once everything is loaded.

Unless the farmhouse in PEI already has the renos finished.


[Rietveld chairs, circa 1934: My latest workshop project - GAH]

And there's lots of lumber waiting.

Do they have lots of scrap lumber on PEI?

I could be persuaded.

.

No comments: