Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Point of View: My New Green Grits party could have a big lead

Oh, the election is going to be close.

Closer than my hand is to my wallet after gas prices shot up recently.

Last I heard the Conservatives held a 5 per cent lead over the Grits (Liberals), Elizabeth May was delighted to be finally part of televised debates and 37 per cent of Canadians planned to vote for Harper - meaning the vast majority want someone else at the political helm.

So, if I was King of All The Land and magically united the three parties that actually have the word “environment” in their vocabulary (i.e. the New Democrats, Green Party and Grits), they would not only win by a landslide but go on to demonstrate a principle that is much needed in Canadian politics - co-operation at the top.


[Vote responsibly]

Issues related to the economy, environment and employment are so pressing that, in my humble opinion as King, one party cannot make decent headway on its own.

A united front is necessary.

And sustainable economy, environment first and decent employment have to become part of everyday language.

.

No comments: