Thursday, September 18, 2008

Zoom w a View: I’m sorry - I had a negative impact on nature

I took the following photos of bison while motorcycling about 3 months ago.

The large creatures were staring at me coldly until I pulled out my camera.


I guess I shouldn’t have said, “Stand still, guys. I want to shoot you.”

They’re probably even more jittery around people with guns.


I honestly don’t know exactly where they are located if you want to shoot... er, snap them yourselves.

Sometimes I hop on the bike and follow my nose (a bit crooked due a deflected puck) and discover side roads I’ve never travelled.

All I can say is, travel south east from London toward Tillsonburg, take roads you’ve never been on and sniff the air.


[View from bridge over Otter Creek, Highway 3, SW of Tillsonburg: GAH]

You know, follow your nose.

Link to Written Inc., view NATURE photos from others and SHARE your own.

.

6 comments:

Mamie said...

We don't see that kind of creature in NC,USA - enjoyed the fright sight. Love the aerial too. Thanks for visiting me.

Pam said...

i have never seen a bison..i'm sure we have them somewhere here in the states. very cool photos. love the aerial from the bridge. must be nice just to ride your motorcycle and stop on a whim when you see something fascinating and/or beautiful to photograph. thx for stopping by and commenting on my photos :)

Beverly said...

I love your story from 1965. It is a wonder we survived, isn't it, although I never did any wild and crazy things...no fun.

When I lived in Haiti, I had a motor bike. What a great time. Such freedom to be able to get on the bike and go.

Unknown said...

Great photos of the Bison and the view from the bridge is breathtaking... I enjoyed!

me said...

I like the way the fence really drives home what has been done to these creatures. Great shots

G. Harrison said...

hi folks,

i might be able to find the buffalo again if i retrace my steps carefully. my photo files from that specific day may help.

according to the weather forecast i think we're about to enjoy another taste of summer.

i'll warm up the bike and track down buffalo, perhaps learn about their fate.

buffalo burgers likely.

take care,

gord h.