Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Young at Heart: Have I told you about porridge lately?

Occasionally a picture of me will sneak into a post (always accidentally), which will likely prompt readers to say, “How does he stay in such good shape?”


["Sneak into a picture? Moi?": photos GAH]

Two words - home-made porridge.


["Everything but the kitchen sink"]

I may be the only guy in the universe who adds Red River cereal, bulgar, flax seed, millet, raisins, cranberries, bran and sun-dried tomatoes into his oatmeal for added flavour and all-round goodness.

Years from now, when I’m 87 and skating down the ice with the puck, people in the stands will say, “Look at the geezer go.

"Not only can he skate forwards and backwards and bump into people, he can even smack the puck in the right direction sometimes. How does he do it?”


Two words.

***

Sometimes I’ll even eat it for lunch before the big game.

People from Scotland might say I’m ruining the oatmeal but wait until they’re 87.

.

No comments: