Monday, February 22, 2010

Zoom w a View: Birdhouses on the Bruce Peninsula

Usually, when asked if I’d like to visit a friend near Miller Lake (15 - 20 min. south of Tobermory), I say yes.


Lou is a friendly host, a good cook, excellent gardener and always comfortable with talk about motorcycles over a game if cribbage.

And he appreciates birdhouses.


Two of mine are on display (one inside, one outside the house), but the one I delivered in October hasn’t made it outside to sit on a post adjacent to his snow-covered garden.


["My first attempt at a duplex": photos GAH]

“No problem,” I said when he mentioned it. “I’ll be back in the spring to check up on you.”

***

I think birdhouses look right at home atop a cedar fence post, especially near a garden.

Don’t you?

Please click here for more Zoom w a View.

.

No comments: