Monday, February 14, 2011

Bits and Pieces: “The painting could use something... but what?”

In plain sight, on a few walls in my son’s house, are paintings that could only be titled “One Tree.”

It’s hard to miss them. One is in an oft-used bathroom, in a place that I find hard not to notice.

I believe he might ask me the following question some day:


[Title: "One tree - no leaves this time": photo GH]

“What do you think of my paintings?”

So, to be fully prepared for that fateful day, I’d like to try some answers on you, the viewing audience.

What do you think of these?

“I like it, but maybe it could use... what? What do you think?”

“I like the colours, for sure.”

“It certainly depicts a certain time of year. Which one were you going for?”

“Maybe some leaves. What do you think of a few leaves?”

Hmmm... what do you think?

***

Please click here for more Bits and Pieces.

.

No comments: