Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Workshop: A few items will need explainin’

I’m pretty sure I’ll have some explainin’ to do when I bring my next birdhouse project indoors to the paint studio.

(Paint studio sounds so much better than old table in the basement, eh).


My dear wife will wonder where I picked up the red metal for signage. I have to tell the truth, of course, and suggest she wasn’t using the Valentine’s Day tin - at the time - so I cut it into small pieces. (They'll make great "Cola" signs).


And visitors to the shop might wonder why I cut so much trim.


A: I make a lot of mistakes.

Some might wonder if I made the long, white birdhouse.

A: No. My dad did. I’ll repair and paint it, then send it back to the countryside.

Another might wonder why I have an old porcelain pot handy.

A: (while I turn several shades of red) Well, it gets cold out in the shop, so I drink lots of tea and the occasional beer, and I would have to go outside the shop then into the house and take off my boots just to go to the...

Hey. There’s no law against having a porcelain pot in my workshop.

***

Please click here for another look at The Workshop.

.

No comments: