Monday, February 21, 2011

Zoom w a View: The life and times of my driveway

Please sing the following lines with me, to the tune of the ever-popular "Poor Old Man in Saggy Pajama Blues."

'Well, I done woke up this morning,
snow was everywhere."


"Some traffic it was movin'
but my car was stuck out there."




"Oh I got problems, oh I got problems,
The city has surely done me wrong."


"So I shovelled 'til my back was bent,
'Til the snow it all was gone."


"But I got problems, oh I got problems,
I hear the plow a-comin' round again."

***

Please click here for more cheerful pictures at Zoom w a View.

.

2 comments:

carmilevy said...

I love how you captured the day in sepia. I know we tend to complain when Mother Nature brings us another dumping, but I admit the little boy inside of me still loves the freshness of new snow. I hope that sense of magic never wanes.

G. Harrison said...

Sepia helps take the edge off the hard work I have to face - and sing about - each time the plow rounds the bend.

Not that I'm really complaining! I agree with you, Carmi. Anything that helps the 'young boy' spring to the surface is a bonus.

Cheers,

GH