Friday, February 4, 2011

The Workshop: Blue trim followed by wing nuts

Model #002 of The Classic Series of birdhouses is a few hours from being finished.


Blue trim appears around each window and door - though a touch-up will be needed - and appears to go well with the light green paint.


The main floor (feeding surface) seems to be a good size for small birds and the six upper apartments are of adequate size for sparrows, chickadees, finches, etc.


While searching for perches (I ran out of blue trim, and it was too cold in the shop to paint more) I came across a handful of wing nuts.

I asked myself, why do I have so many?


They must have been on sale, I thought. However, they suit the purpose.

I wonder what the birds will think of them?


?? “Honey, a wing nut is at the door. It must be for you.”

***

The last trip The Workshop is here.

.

No comments: