Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ollie and Me: The kid has very good taste

From a very early age Ollie took a liking to me.

I was the one who carried him out the front door at a very early age, whenever the house got very noisy, and introduced him to our quiet fir tree and other plants of great interest.

When he showed an interest in sweeping the floor in my workshop I bought him his own broom. He bonded with me early on - with a wee red broom in one hand.

When he saw my first book (a collection of weekly columns) he couldn’t get enough of it.


["This is a very exciting book, Grandpa," he said: photo GH]

Recently I read my children’s story to him, i.e., “All Dads Have Gas.”

He laughed so hard he fell off my lap. (Good timing on his part too).

Like peas in a pod we are.

***

Ollie and Me.

Quack.

Please click here to read “All Dads Have Gas."

.

No comments: