Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Memoirs: And I’m not even dead yet

Interlude

I haven’t forgotten about continuing my exciting (“Talk about exciting!”) memoirs.

I’ve just been so busy.

WTHeck. So so busy.

However, before I get my act together, allow me to pass along a comment about an earlier chapter ‘in the life of whozzits’ that comes from my oldest sister who lives in a cold, snow-covered land far far away.

About my early years she says the following:

“Being the oldest I can verify that you gave mom the "most" grey hairs..You have NO idea! But look how well you turned out...”

What she says is so very hard to believe (except for the part about how I turned out), especially as I look at a photo taken when I was in Grade 5.


["I'm pretty sure teachers fought about having me in their class": circa 1959]

I was just a sweet sweet kid, nothing more.

And look at this picture of my mother after she sent me off to school. Snoozing as peaceful as an angel she was.


Surely my sister got it all wrong.

***

The last entry of My Memoirs are here.

.

No comments: