Saturday, December 1, 2012

Friday Night 1: "What to do with the weekend?"

I know, it's a tough call. I have a few free hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. What to do?

Thoughts:

I'll take in a Knights game (OHL hockey) Friday night. They have a 12-game win streak and I like good hockey.


I'll track down my Teachers' College (London) yearbook (1969) and start the process of finding Joe Umenetz.


I'll meet a good friend for coffee at The Red Roaster in Wortley Village on Saturday morning (7.5  hours from now).

I'll attend another Knights game on Saturday night.

I'll sit on my exercise bike for 60 - 70 minutes, pedal 16 miles and hit my exercise goal for the week.


I'll drive to Niagara Falls on Sunday, as planned, and visit with Pauline Rose, age 92, the wife of one of my dad's Navy buddies. I haven't seen Pauline since 1961.

[Chuck and Pauline Rose, in my parent's backyard, circa 1958]

[My mother and Pauline Rose, in my parent's basement, circa 1965]

I'll put a second coat of whitewash on eight log cabin birdhouses.


That's for starters. I hope I have the energy to do all this, but time will tell.

Photos by GH

***

What will you do this weekend?

Please click here for It Strikes Me Funny

.


No comments: