Friday, December 7, 2012

The Workshop: Excitement reigns


I learned a few things while building eight log cabin birdhouses recently:

Logs are easy to chop with the chop saw. But you need a lot of them. The shop gets very dusty. So I should chop outside. I had to do a lot of hammering. I should say 'yes' to a friend's offer of his air compressor and nail gun. Log cabins use up scrap lumber efficiently. I want to build more of them.

["Can you spot the Port Bruce connection?"]

And as it happens, I have a few more boards handy that will be perfect for logs. And I have an idea concerning a new style of roof for the cabin. And I have another broken hockey stick to chop into interesting perches.  

Oh, I know what I'll be doing this afternoon!

Photos by GH 

***

What exciting new project are you involved with now?

Please click here for more from The Workshop

No comments: