Friday, December 28, 2012

The Workshop: "Locking up is postponed"

This has happened before many times. I say one thing and do another. Though I recently said I would lock up the shed after finishing two batches of birdhouses - that have dominated my time for the last two weeks - another plan is afoot.

["New barn board is easy kap-easy to cut and assemble"]

The batch (of six) made from new barn board is finished, red trim included on each unit. And the batch (of nine) made from aged barn board is very nearly completed. Another day should do the trick.



["Aged barn board makes my work even easier"]

["A cedar roof is a pleasure to apply. No sanding needed"]

That being said, while adding lovely cedar rooves and aromatic trim to a few houses yesterday a wee idea popped into my head. "Gordie," the idea said, "you know where to purchase 800 - 1000 year old western cedar for fifty bucks per board and you received $100 from Betty (my generous mother-in-law) for Christmas. What a lovely set of birdhouses you could make!! Do it. Do it. Do it!"

I think I'll do it. Then I'll lock up the shop.

Photos by GH

***

"Then I'll lock up the shop." I say that now.

Do ideas stack up in your workshop too?

Please click here for more from The Workshop

No comments: