Friday, February 8, 2013

Birdhouse London: Mystery barnboard

I don't know exactly where the barnboard came from originally but I know where it ended up after I found it at a landfill site outside of Dorchester about five years ago. I.e., under a tarp on my back deck and, as of last week, inside my workshop. 

["This is the tallest cabin I've made... so far"]

And yesterday it ended up as logs for my most recent birdhouse project, a log cabin triplex.

I have almost finished the main part of the structure and feel the barnboard looks great. The two-tone cedar roof, made also from rescued lumber, should last for decades, and though I initially planned to cover the square hole with a round one drilled through a separate piece of wood, I may just leave it now 'as is'.

["That's a fine lookin' entrance to the lower apartment"]

Today I will try to attach an apartment to the right side of the structure and put the 'tri' into triplex.

More photos to follow.

Photos by GH


Please click here for more Birdhouse London

No comments: