Thursday, February 21, 2013

Zoom w a View: "The Schnapps Distillery"

I must be close to the end of my workshop reno. E.g., last night I started hanging favourite photos in prominent places.

["Son Paul took this one during a trip to Austria. Awesome"]

One cherished photo comes from inside another man's small workshop which doubles as a schnapps distillery. The father of my son's business associate distills whisky or schnapps for a limited time each year and his walls are lined with spirits of every kind. My son was invited to sampled a few and almost fell asleep standing up. Next time he'll likely sit down beside the distiller and sip more slowly.

I'm attached to the photo for various reasons:

["Doesn't he wear a lovely, satisfied expression?"]

I like cozy, productive shops

I can almost smell the schnapps

I also roll up my shirt sleeves when working

I also celebrate 'Happy Hour' at 5 p.m.

Everybody needs a workshop (and knowing somebody with their own still would be kind of interesting too).

Photos by GH

***

Please click here for more Zoom w a View









No comments: