Friday, November 8, 2013

Birdhouse London: Gord's 'gold mine' contest (2)

The contest is going to be harder than I thought. I may have to expand my criteria to determine which of the two gold mines of western cedar (at my disposal, inside the workshop) makes the better birdhouse.

["Two birdhouses - identical! Which is better?"]

Under the following categories the 'rescued cedar from Joe Flagler's dock' and 'purchased cedar from lumber store' score identical high marks:

aroma - yowsa

texture - love it

rich colour - smashing

ease of handling - nary a sliver

taking a nail - remarkable

wastage - almost nil


And in other categories we have a tie:

cost - Joe's pile wins

availability - new pile wins

Because of the tie, I'm going to repeat the process. Surely, something will come to mind to give one gold mine an advantage over the other. Can you think of anything?

I'll be back.

Photos by GH

***

Please click here to read the fascinating intro to Gord's 'gold mine' contest

No comments: