Monday, February 9, 2009

It Strikes Me Funny: The benefits of fewer choices on store shelves Part 2

The following email from Andrea proves fewer choices may be a good thing.

E.g., Fewer Choices Benefit 1: Companions won’t get snippy.

[Please read Part 1 for context]

Andrea: In the end I was pretty satisfied with the choice I had finally made after 25 minutes.

“From now on every time we’ll go to the grocery store I will buy a different cereal to find out which one I like best”, I told Rick excitedly.


[Photo link]

It may not surprise you he was not very happy about my idea and that is why  I either end up grocery shopping by myself (which takes me of course four times as long, which is approximately half a day) or I just make a safe pick with something that I’ve had already.

Fewer Choices Benefit 2: Couples will have more time to spend together

Fewer Choices Benefit 3: For individuals, shopping trips will be four times shorter

Andrea continues - stay tuned.

***

I’ve had enough fun for now. I need to answer Andrea’s email.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear more about Andrea and I like the way you point out the benefits of fewer choices.

G. Harrison said...

Hi Jessica,

I enjoy hearing from another person, like yourself, who brings fresh eyes to the scene I have grown so used to; much to learn, much to learn.

Cheers,

GH