Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Young at Heart: And the crowd goes wild

Great day. Hurrah! The stippled ceilings are all painted.

More cheers! The plaster didn’t come down on my head.

I can now clean hundreds of paint specks from my glasses, move on to the kitchen and finish my client’s cupboards. Four coats total. A relative snap.

And bonus. I knock off early today because I have an afternoon hockey game.

Today’s goals: Play tight defense for the first 20 minutes, give my tired body time to warm up and keep the two Robs off the score sheet.

Then, when warmed up, look for opportunities to be more offensive (and I don’t mean yelling something at the Robs, like, “Hey, air out your equipment, guys. You stink.”)


["Harrison lines up the shot!"]

And try to get one great shot off before the game ends. Over the goalie’s right shoulder would be perfect.

If the puck goes in the net, all the better.

Announcer: And the crowd goes wild!

It could happen.

***

Got exciting plans today?

.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made 7 jars of grapefruit marmelade! And bread. And two vegetarian appetisers for a potluck tonight. I've never been to a potluck before so I don't know what to expect. Will it be as exciting as your hockey?

The kitchen cupboards will seem like a holiday after that ceiling.

twinkelydots said...

My fun thing happens tonight. I'm meeting with my Burning Man campmates to discuss becoming an official theme camp.

It will be fun to see them since I've not seen some since last year.

G. Harrison said...

Well done, Jessica, re the marmalade. I wonder if I'll ever make a marmalade? I've been offered free canning gear so I could be on my way.

If you like sampling lots of different kinds of food you'll love a potluck - on par with hockey, I believe.

If it was a Harrison potluck, you would have to like potato salad. Tons.

Cheers

GAH

G. Harrison said...

Hi Twinkelydots,

A Burning Man camp sounds intriguing. I'd better check your posts to learn more re the origin of the name. Somebody's toes too close to the fire?

Keep well,

GAH