Saturday, June 28, 2014

East Coast Photo Files

Trip Day 2 - June 10, 2014

 ["Mid-morning, and I'm on my way to Hawkesbury"]

From Kingston to Trois Rivieres, Quebec

I travelled 460 kilometres between these two cities, within 5 km. of what I'd estimated before setting out at about 8 a.m. Mostly I was under sunny or partly cloudy skies and riding through scenic, relatively flat farmland on my way to the bridge over the Ottawa River at Hawkesbury, Ontario. Very good riding, all in all.


Once In Quebec I took Highway 158, far away from, and to the north of, the intense traffic in and around Montreal. I landed safely in Berthierville early-afternoon, and enjoyed cherry-flavoured iced yogurt before turning my nose toward Louisville and other small villages on my way to Trois Rivieres' much-appreciated hostel on Rue Radisson. 

["Louisville, on lovely H. 138, always seems ready for a festive occasion"]

["My hostel home away from home in Trois Rivieres"]

["I took this shot as I walked to the hostel with supper from the IGA"]

["Suppertime w maps, notebooks and iPad - on a quiet back patio"]


Photos by GH

No comments: