Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Birdhouse Hunting: For rent - four-storeys tall, needs flag

Immediately after filling up my motorcycle with gas on Monday I recorded the following line in an onboard journal:

camera - free ride

Not only do I like to record my miles per gallon (km/liter in Canada) but a word or two about my destination.


[“Free ride” - but I did pay for gas”]

On Monday I had my camera, a full-tank of gas and elected to follow my nose. I felt free to turn down any side road that looked interesting.

As I approached the village of Delaware I turned south onto carriage Rd. and soon came upon an old farmhouse with a few birdhouses in the yard.


[“How could I not stop?”: photos GAH]


[“This old martin house needs a new flag”]

The design of the purple martin house is stellar, in my book. Two apartments per floor is ample room for a martin family.


Several other birdhouses adorned the old property purchased two weeks ago by a young family.


Children and birds will have lots of room to roam.

Are you a birdhouse hunter?

Please click here for more Birdhouse Hunting.

***

I’m puzzled.

Why does the blue house have a second opening?

Is it a hole guard gone askew?

.

No comments: