Sunday, April 25, 2010

Trading one birdhouse for another

After leaving Bert Larmer’s farm property (w several excellent birdhouses) on Dorchester Rd. the other day, and after finishing a cheeseburger ($3.55 - pretty reasonable, I think) and coffee at The New Sarum Diner, I headed toward Gord Stacey’s farm on my motorcycle.


[“The first pair of bluebird houses on Gord’s farm”]

It was my second visit to Gord’s farm. I’d stopped in last week for the first time in order to photograph six birdhouses in his garden.


[“Can you do better than barnboard?”: photos GAH]

Within a few minutes of stopping he invited me onto his property, and when he learned I built birdhouses too he offered me an old spare.


[“Several boxes were lined up in the garden; one has a visitor”]

So, during my visit a couple of days ago, I gave him one of my models in exchange.


[“I gave Gord this GH model; the roof comes off easily”]

“I came out ahead on this deal,” he said.


[“Gord’s old spare will get new life somewhere - after I check it out”]

I think the trade was even. I was happy to get his old spare because I’ll use it as a model for a few of my own creations next week or the week after.

Right now I’d better get busy. I have six others ready to assemble, then they’ll need custom trim.

***

If you spot some interesting birdhouses, let me know.

I rescued more lumber recently and like to steal ideas!

.

No comments: