Friday, December 24, 2010

Beamsville isn’t near Woodstock. That is Beachville.

The answer to yesterday’s question, Why does Beamsville, Ontario sound so familiar? is as follows:


["Beachville is situated SW of Woodstock": photos GH]

Beamsville sounds familiar because its name is quite similar to Beachville. And Beachville is between Ingersoll and Woodstock. And because during one of my last motorcycle rides of the 2010 season I cruised through Ingersoll and Beachville (the home of baseball, says a roadside placard) on my way to Woodstock and Highway 59, the road that travels south from Woodstock and through my two home towns.


["Looking east on Dunds St., (H. 59) Woodstock']


["Go west on Dundas to London. Turn left at the bottom of the hill and - voila - Beachville, then Ingersoll"]

And where is Beamsville, since it’s not Beachville and on my way to Woodstock?

I don’t know.

Maybe near Windsor?

Anyone?

Maybe yesterday’s visitor (the first) from Beamsville could say a few words.

***

Highway 59 passes through Burgessville and Norwich, my hometowns from long ago.

While writing My Memoirs: And I’m Not Even Dead Yet,’ I’ll try to share a few of the countless exciting adventures that happened on or near that world famous King’s highway.

Be there.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beamsville is in Niagara. I think it is near St. Catharines.