Thursday, December 16, 2010

There’s another expert fiscal advisor in the family. Who knew?

My youngest sister (the one with the little round head, same size and shape as mine) has stepped into the blogosphere and writes about frugality - not a bad word in our family.


["Hey, Sis. I bought a baggobooks for less than 20 bucks!" photo GH]

Recently she wrote the following:

“Occasionally when I post and often when I make a comment on someone else's post, I refer to the fact that the financial situation in Canada is not as bad as it is in the U.S.”

“Well, today that has all changed. For the first time in Canadian history we steady-as-she-goes, practical, frugal, boring, conservative and formerly smug Canadians have a higher debt to income ration than those spendthrift, carefree, live for today Americans. Yup, it's true, according to my favourite newspaper, The National Post.”


Though I took exception to being described as ‘smug’ (I usually try to come off as glib), I liked the overall tone and texture of her post.

Visit her full post here.

Tell her Gordie sent you.

***

Please click here to visit This Old Economist.

.

No comments: