Thursday, December 23, 2010

Why does Beamsville, Ontario sound so familiar?

I recently noticed that a visitor from Beamsville, Ontario landed at It Strikes Me Funny.

My brain started clicking like a roulette wheel, with about as much chance of finding the answer to my question above as a gambler has on scoring big at the wheel.


["Did Billy Hamilton start out in Beamsville?"]

Is Beamsville between Woodstock and Ingersoll, Ontario?

Is it the birthplace of baseball?

Is it a hamlet or village?

Is it a place where most people live right up against the highway?

Is its main industry lime, for cement?

Help me out. My brain is clicking.

***

Another I Ask You is here.

.

4 comments:

Jane said...

No that's Beachville! but I think you already knew that:)

G. Harrison said...

Hi Jane,

I checked a map while working on another piece - Beachville it is, near Woodstock, home of baseball (maybe)

Jess said...

Beamsville? I know! On the QEW between Brantford and Thorold!

G. Harrison said...

Excellent, Jess!

Where's Thorold again?

GH