Monday, December 6, 2010

Made in Canada: We know how to make birdseed... Cheep

I don’t know how much Hawaiians pay for bird seed during winter months, but here in Canada one can pay at least $31 for two hefty bags, total weight 26 kg or 57 pounds, which is enough to keep a flash of juncos happy for the entire winter season.


For those who didn’t know: The collective noun for doves is bevy.

E.g., a bevy of doves just carried off my neighbour’s cat.

For barracudas it’s battery, and for juncos it’s flash.


["Both bags carry this stamp. Well done, Canada": photos GH]

Now that you’re thoroughly educated about a few more important facts and details, allow me to happily say that here in Canada we still know how to mix a variety of seeds together suitable for birds to eat.

Also, thanks to two readers, I’ve learned that dish soap is still also Made in Canada.

(Admittedly, my wife and I use Dawn, made in the US, but that’s not my fault. Later today, or when the Dawn is nearing the sunset of its life, I’ll tell my wife to look for a Canadian made product and hope she happily agrees to look for it. I should add, if I say something to her today, after she gets back from a hectic round of Christmas shopping, this could easily be my last post - ever! Sorry, I digress.)

Dish soap made in Canada - I like it.

***

Please click here to read informative comments (by callmemit) re items Made in Canada.

Also, read about a brand of Canadian dish soap here - see comment by Liz.

.

No comments: