Thursday, December 9, 2010

I Ask You: Maverick snow plow crew goes wrong way?

Deforest City’s own CSI unit (Canada’s Snow Investigating unit) knows the following:

Fact - Snow plow crews do 12 hour shifts, sometimes 3 or 4 days in a row.

Fact - Some listen to loud music to stay awake.

Fact - They plow in the direction of the traffic.

But do they sometimes drive on the wrong side of he street?

CSI isn’t sure. They're stumped.

Personally, I think they do.


["Something isn't right with this picture": photos GH]

For the last 25 years, ice dams at the end of my driveway have been heaviest, tallest, and thickest at the north side of my drive, i.e., on the side the plow reaches first if going in the direction of traffic.

I can count on their generous dumps several times per year, often 5 minutes after I’ve shovelled my last shovelful of damp, heavy snow and am on the floor in the living room, waiting for my wife to pull off my boots and mitts.

However, this morning, the ice dam was heaviest on the opposite side of the drive. Same with my next door neighbour.

Now, don’t tell me the plow had to swing around a car. Nope, no car. No tracks but straight tracks.

Don’t tell me the sidewalk plow did it ‘cause I know it didn’t. Got photos to prove it.


["The sidewalk still hasn't been cleared by the city staff"]

Methinks, for the first time in 25 years, a crew went against traffic. Methinks the music was too loud.

I ask you: What do you think?

***

More deep questions right here.

.

No comments: