Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It Strikes Me Funny: Why I love my wife - reason # 412

The number 412 is only a very rough estimate. If pressed (by the right person), I would likely admit to hundreds of more reasons. Even thousands.

My wife left the following note on the dining room table yesterday.


["Good one, Dear.": photo GH]

My first thought was, Dear, there’s no need to tell me what’s in the fridge for supper. When left on my own I just stick my head inside the fridge door and have a look around.

My second thought was, Dear, spaghetti, tomorrow, excellent.

My third thought, off to karate? Good one, Dear.

She was simply letting me know she was on her way to take grandson Ollie to his karate class.

But I had to laugh, because if she was going to a karate class - for real - I would have thought, what the heck? My wife signed up for karate? For whatever reason? Why didn’t she tell me sooner? I’d like to watch. It would be very entertaining, I’m sure.

And she knew that. That’s why she added a smiley face. Reason # 412. Good one.

***

Please click here for more It Strikes Me Funny.

.

No comments: